Pagina's

woensdag 13 maart 2013

Introductions

Hi guys!
Today is my first post. As you can see in the title of this blog, this blog is all about vintage and pin-up.
I love everything from the 1920's to the 1960's. Marilyn Monroe is my biggest inspiration, I wish I lived when she was alive.


Here where I live, it's not so common that girls dress the way I do; vintage, pin-up. I get asked a lot why I love "living in the past" so much?

I don't live in the past, I just like the style of the 1920's-1950's. Women would actually put on makeup, do their hair and wear lovely dresses and skirts all the time, even if it was just for going to the mall. Curves weren't forbidden and you wouldn't be called "fat" because you had love handles - it was insanely sexy.
"Elegant" was a standard and everyone seemed to be happier back then. That's why I love it so much.

Idda Van Munster

I think the vintage pin-up look looks best on me, I'm not really a mainstream kind of person and I only like to wear jeans when it's freezing outside. Vans and oversized sweaters aren't my cup of tea either.
I like to collect vintage, elegant accessories, to wear red lipstick and to do my hair - just like back in the days. And the comments? Well, not all of them are negative, and at the end of the day the only one who should be happy with me, is me. Trust me, I am happy.

On this blog I will be writing about this vintage passion of mine.
Welcome!

- Mamie Monroe



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten